Friday 31 August 2012

Epic Nail or Epic Fail? - The Black Nail rises...

Hello blogger-bees! Today's post is another nail post... Now I know I was going to review that BB Cream that I mentioned in my other youtube video but I haven't taken photos yet so this will have to do :)


The nail polish that I currently have on is a black nail polish... Now that shouldn't be a shocker considering I get called an Emo and what-not on public transport but I haven't ever had black nail polish on before *gasp*

This polish is a L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail polish in the colour 'Blackswan' for which I still need to see the movie for. I purchased this from WAITROSE (because who knew that you could get nail polish from the supermarket?) and they had a deal which was two polishes for £7 which I thought was a bargain!

Now I LOVE this colour, the finish is beautiful too, it is really glossy which I like (I do have a top coat on though.) And I really like the formula, it isn't too thick or thin or gloopy, although it could be a little less sheer and more opaque but ya know, that's life...

But the issue I had, was with the packaging...

I actually really like the bottle because I thought it was cute and sleek, but it is the most annoying thing to use! The bottle is so skinny that every time I put the brush back into the bottle, I feel like the impact is going to make the bottle spill over... And in fact that did happen when I painted the other colour I bought a few days ago... So that annoyed me... And the bottle is almost barrel like too and has a long sort of tunnel to get to the polish which is annoying because you have to submerge the whole friggin thing back deep into the bottle to get any product which annoyed me. And also... The brush...


Now the brush is also an issue. The brush is one of those large brushes which is supposed to paint your whole nail, however because I have really long and skinny nails... There was absolutely no way possible for me to paint my skinnier finger nails without getting a whole lot of black polish all over my fingers. WHICH WAS A PAIN IN THE NECK :/ If you have skinnier finger nails you might have an issue, however on my wider nails such as my thumb, this brush was great.

Conclusion - Great Colour, Great Formula, Lovely looking packaging, but impractical to use.
Epic Nail or Epic Fail Rating - 3 stars

Hope that was helpful :) I should have some reviews coming up though so keep your eyes peeled for that!
Until next time, see you soon :) Nikki xxx
Bye! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment