Friday 10 August 2012

Epic Nail or Epic Fail? - Cheap & Chic Combo

Hey again! I had this nail on a few days ago and I forgot to post it, FAIL ON MY PART! So here it is:


It is a combination of OPI's Designer...de better from their Muppets collection and Barry M's Blue Moon. I painted the blue on my thumb, pinky and ring finger and then OPI on my index and middle fingers. I was pretty pleased with my combination except my friend Amanda said 'why do you have two randomly coloured nails' but who cares what she thinks, eh?

As far as nail polishes go, OPI is basically the epitome of nail polishes and everyone within the beauty world knows that so that polish was a total dream to paint on. I only had the mini version but the nail polish glided on smoothly without gloops and wasn't sheer at all. But the Barry M was a different story, I'm a big fan of some of their other polishes but this was a bit of a hassle. The nail polish was far too runny and totally sheer too, I would recommend the darker colours as far as Barry M goes, they are much more opaque.

In the end when I had coated up enough and was happy I used my usual top coat and was set! Although... I had this nail on for two days and went bowling... Nail polish is not designed for bowling...

The OPI had been fine with a little chip at the edges but the Barry M had totally exploded off my nails into a blue mess of nail polish remains which was lovely. Barry M nail polish staying power isn't that great...

Conclusion: Love the colours! OPI was a dream to apply and had great staying power but the Barry M was such a hassle I'm not sure whether the colour rescues it from that...

Overall Rating: Meh Nail... 2.5 stars

Do you use more than one colour on your nails? Let me know! Nikki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment