Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review: The New Boots Botanics Range

Hello blogger-lings! I am doing a review today on the new boots botanics range! This range has recently been 'reformulated' I guess and so they have new products out, some of which I have tried! There are four ranges which are:
- The All Bright Range which is supposed to brighten up your face basically, I have the eye makeup remover from this range (which I wasn't too impressed with if you keep reading)
- The Organics Range which has the organic products which range from being 100 percent organic or only partially organic
- The Ultra Calm Range which is designed for sensitive skin, although I do not have particularly sensitive skin, my skin has been known in the past to act up to some skincare products
- The Youth Replenishing Range which is designed for the older markets, it is the anti-aging sort of thing but seeing as I am only a teenager, this range wasn't really essential for me and so I do not own anything from this range that I can comment on.


Rosewater Toning Spritz:

The first is my FAVOURITE of the three products that I have tried, as I guess this is sort of a 3 in 1 review. It is the Rosewater Toning Spritz which is essentially a toner but you get to squirt it on your face, it is from the organics range, probably my favourite range out of the Botanics stuff.


(I apologize for the really dull shooting but my camera went a bit mental when the flash was on and so this was what I had to settle for.)

I really love this toner, I haven't tried a lot of toners to be frank but I did find that this was one was extremely refreshing, it literally just woke up my face which I loved about this product. It is 100 percent organic too which for some unknown reason makes me happy (don't ask why) and so I was thrilled. The toner isn't really designed to do anything miraculous for your face but it claims to remove the last particles of makeup on your skin (which I didn't really notice because I'm quite thorough with removing my makeup anyway) and it doesn't particularly smooth your skin or have any other specific skin care bonuses, it is just meant to be refreshing, which is it! I love using this product in the morning, it smells like turkish delight (due to the rosewater) and so that is a total bonus for me! It sinks into the skin really quickly, doesn't leave any residue or your skin feeling dry or oily and so is just a lovely product, probably my new favourite skincare item!


The nozzle is really good at misting too which I like, I hate ones that just sort of squirt the product all in one place but this product really doesn't do that, BONUS!

Normal Retail: £4.99 but currently £3.33

Rating: 5 STARS!

Soothing Eye Makeup Remover (from the All Bright range):


This is my least favourite product by far out of the three, it is the soothing eye makeup remover which is from the all bright collection, something that I firstly don't understand as how is my eye makeup remover supposed to make my eye area bright? Answer, it doesn't, I hate this product... Well maybe not hate, but it certainly hates me...

Firstly, this is a makeup removing oil, and I know it is an oil so I was expecting it to be oily while applying obviously but somehow it managed to make my whole eye area feel like some sort of butter factory for the whole night, BLEH! This product is not only oily when using it, which is just gross and I do not appreciate it, but it also has a really dodgy sort of lingering after smell, if it were possible. It doesn't smell while you use it but afterwards my hands stank of the gross hibiscus or whatever was in this product.

It is soothing, sort of, I suppose. It didn't irritate my eyes like some other eye makeup removers I have used in the past but it certainly wasn't irritation free. I didn't notice anything while using it but the next morning, my eyes were extremely dry and crusty and ugh just disgusting as a result of this product. I used this product about 4 times and I seem to be mildly sort of allergic to it! It does remove the makeup I guess, you still need to scrub which annoyed me (and my sensitive eyes!) but it got most of my eye makeup off (bar my Max Factor 24 hour false lash effect mascara.)

It has a really stupid nozzle sort of thing too, it is a really stupid sort of mid sized hole which is too large for you to squirt it out onto cotton wool but then too small for you to just tip it upside down and get a nice amount of product, another downside!


Normal Retail: £3.99 but currently £2.66

Rating: 1 star, I guess it removed the makeup...

Gentle Cleansing Cream (from the Ultra Calm range):


This product is a cleanser and so is designed to remove one's makeup. In that area I really liked the product because it removed all my makeup really nicely, didn't leave anything behind at all which I really liked. The consistency of the product is great too because it is a sort of lotion, it isn't too thick to spread nicely over your face but isn't too runny that it feels like it will literally dribble down your face.


So as a cleanser, I LOVE this product, I use it all the time to remove my makeup now and couldn't be happier. Although the only issue that I have with this product is that it burns after I use it. Now I'm not talking like my skin melting off but it sort of feels like someone is squirting acid at my face or something, straight after I use it my skin feels like its burning and on fire which is an uncomfortable sort of thing really... The pain goes away after I use my toning spritz or after a minute and it isn't a deal breaker for me, but isn't this supposed to be from the line that does the SENSITIVE SKIN product?

That confuses me...

But all in all, it is a good product and I recommend it, I think I just have kind of dodgy skin to be honest. But if you have like SUPER SUPER SUPER SENSITIVE skin, I wouldn't try it just to be safe!

Normal Retail: £4.49 but currently £2.99

Rating - 4 stars (would have been 5 if it wasn't for the burning...)

And that was a long blog post eh? I hope you enjoyed this post, I really enjoyed writing it and should hopefully be purchasing some more Botanics products! The whole range is on a 1/3 off at Boots at the moment so I recommend checking it out!

Until next time, Nikki xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment