Sunday 5 August 2012

Review: Nivea Visage Young, Control Shine! Mattifying Gel Cream

Hi there bloggers! Today's post is a review on this cream that I have been using for the past few weeks now, it the 'Control shine! Mattifying Gel Cream' from the 'Nivea Visage Young' range.


This cream comes in a tube of 75ml which isn't a bad size, I stole this from my dad's pharmacy shamefully... I was in need of a new cream as my Simple Moisturiser had reached the end of its road... From my dad's pharmacy this cream was about £3 if I can recall correctly. But in general, Nivea is a great quality skincare brand that is definitely very affordable and you can find Nivea products at probably all pharmacies/drugstores if you are American and I think Superdrug and Boots both have a substantial amount of Nivea products too!

The thing that struck me about this cream was that it was specifically designed for young skin, myself being a young person appreciated this greatly. More often than not, I will pick up a cream in a shop and it will look super good and then the dreaded line of 'helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles' appears... I'm a teenager so that isn't really necessary is it? I mean I'd like to think that I don't need the prevention either! But I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed with this product!

Not only is this product good for young skin, it is good for oily skin too! It is a mattifying cream (so takes away shine) which is really essential for me during the summer as I can be known to be a Sweaty Betty ;)

But I don't particularly have oily skin so I was rather wary that this would take away some of my skin's natural glow, I didn't want to look totally washed out either... I have normal skin and VERY oily T-zone though and this cream said it was suitable for combination skin so WOOPEEE! It definitely makes your skin matte, but as the day goes on, your skin does shine through without looking too shiny so for me it is a total win, but if you want a totally matte face, this may not be an excellent choice if you want your make-up on all day especially.

This cream isn't really a cream though, truth be told... It is a 'gel' but not in the way that you may be thinking of this. When I saw 'gel' I thought it was going to be a clear sort of deal, like a shower gel. But this is more of a cross-breed between a lotion and an actual cream, I definitely like the consistency though. It isn't too thick but doesn't slide down your hand like melted ice cream...


The gel is a blueish colour but my camera went a bit insane with the flash :P

This cream is super awesome though! It is really light weight but still moisturising and it is oil free too, so doesn't feel greasy or gross on your face... (I honestly hate greasy creams, its like rubbing butter into your face *shudders*)

I apply this cream before I do my make-up if I am planning on wearing make-up or just in the morning before I go out so my skin feels nice and fresh! I apply this at night time too, that is if I can be bothered and don't want to just pass out onto my bed after my shower! This cream smells lovely too, it has a kind of fresh sea sort of smell, as it contains a sea mineral, I personally LOVE the smell and it definitely isn't very strong, it doesn't linger on your skin either which is nice!

Overall I'd give this cream 4.5 stars (I don't want to give out the 5 star whopper until I discover something MINDBLOWING!)

I hope you enjoyed this review and it helped you out if you needed a new sort of cream! 
Hope you're having a good day! Nikki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment